Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Smile! for [Haul] October 2011

So since I don't really buy many pieces every time I go shopping, I figured that sharing my hauls every week or every month would be better, so let's try this out! ...Usually I spend it on food. (Cue the corny cartoonish, innocent smile, complete with the sound effect ding!) Although, I'll figure out a better schedule once I try this out a few times.

In October, I've actually bought more things because it was when all the sales and Halloween sales came up. It's usually like that for me in October, so usually I won't really buy as many things. Also because my nail art obsession started around the beginning of fall, so it's very obvious that I went nail polish hunting throughout the entire month of October. I've had friends borrow a lot of my nail polish too because I'm growing quite a mini army of them. Heh heh. :9

[Top Left] Express - $30
Found it in the Clearance section, normally it would've been much more expensive. It's very soft and versatile for Fall and Winter layering to keep you nice and warm. (:

[Top Right] PopKiller - $32
I was on the fence with this dress, but when I tried it on, it totally fit like a glove. I'm a tiny person and the fact that I found a dress that had a waist that fit perfectly and shoulders that was stretchy made me super smiley faced. The dress had a very European feel too. Currently, I'm on the look for a nice, thick brown belt, for this dress. (:

[Bottom Left] Styles for Less - $14.99
I'm very happy to have found such a bright, plaid shirt. With a simple white top on the inside and some darker pants, it's a nice outfit to go out with your friends. It's very Western as well, don't you think?

[Bottom Right] Forever 21 - $25
Doesn't it look very office like? I bought it when my friends and I were buying items together for the shipping deal that was over $21 purchase get shipping free, not that any one of use needed help with that, but it seemed like a fun thing to do together. (: It's very business-formal with a blazer and some tights, and matches well with black heels. Now if only I can find the ideal blazer to go with it.........


[Left] Styles for Less - $20
[Right] Styles for Less - $20

I've been wanting Capri's for the longest time, but it seemed difficult to find them around this season at a price that I accepted. Since I found these two in the sale racks of Styles for Less, I absolutely felt like I needed to get them. :3






[Left] Generation V - $18
I was shopping around with my friends when I found these heels. The size for this brand runs a lot smaller than I thought, but the price was definitely something that I appreciated, since they had fitted so well and were the kind of heels that could pull off a casual look and a formal look as well.

[Right] Styles for Less - $30
Boots are very in style right now, and the fact that normally boots go for at least $50 made me think about these boots even more. I liked the distressed feeling of the boots and how the buckles on the side weren't over the top, but nice and simple.


[Top Left] Styles for Less - $2/each (Blending Eye Brush - Foundation Brush - Eyelash Curler)
I'm not a make-up person, but I do go all out for costumes on Halloween and whatever Expo that I happen to decide to go to. These brushes were cheap and are a very helpful addition to that endeavor.

[Top Right] 99 Cents Store - $0.99
My friends and I were wandering the 99 Cents store when I found this great find! I absolutely love skinny ties, even though I have yet to find a use for them, but for 99 Cents and the last one left, I didn't see the harm in purchasing it. (:O

[Bottom Left] Styles for Less - $6
My previous wallet was a My Neighbor Totoro wallet and I absolutely didn't find a need to part with it, but I couldn't deny how fat and unpractical it was getting to carry it around, so I've been looking around for a replacement that was longer. Perhaps my wallet was glaring at me then for a different reason. I found this next to the counter at Styles for Less and I've been using it ever since I bought it, with my Totoro one safe in my bedroom. (:

[Bottom Right] same as Bottom Left



And then the additions to my nail polish army! Maybe I'll do all of the swatches of the colors I have in a future bloggy entry.















I actually haven't used all of them yet, but Confetti's Silver Slippers is a really nice shiny silver without having sparkles in the polish. I used it for a Catwoman costume for Comikaze Con for her claws, which reflected nicely in the pictures. It's also good for details with nail art.

I love love LOVE the Sinful Colors' Hazard. It's a very coral, muted orange and currently my favorite nail polish color. (:

Salon Perfect's Glow in the Dark polish is extremely sheer and needs at least 4 coats to make the glow in the dark effect visible. Fortunately, since I'm only going to use this polish for Halloween purposes, it's slightly forgiven.

Most of these polishes, I found at either drugstores, Target, Walmart, or local nail salons that had a cabinet in the back where they made the polishes $3 a bottle, which isn't bad at all.















And since October is the month of costume buying. Here are the costumes I got this year. I ordered another one that was super cheap on Yandy after Halloween because let's face it, it's the best time to get a costume afterwards because of all the cheap deals you can get. I will be getting that costume some time this week and I'll share it in an upcoming costume collection bloggy entry. (:

[Left] Facebook Store -$55
I've mentioned this before in a previous entry that this was my Halloween costume this year and it's from a Facebook boutique called Jessie Shops.


[Right] Leg Avenue - $20
I actually got this costume cheap through connections, but I would really suggest to get Leg Avenue costumes when they're on sale AFTER Halloween when they're having blowout sale in the costume boutiques that pop up all over town or definitely online.

That's it for October's haul. (: Hope you enjoyed it and had a very fun Halloween!


Smile today!



[Colorful Links]

Express
Official Site
Twitter
YouTube
Facebook

PopKiller
Official Site
Twitter
Facebook
Flickr
Blog

Forever 21
Official Site
Twitter
YouTube
Blog
Facebook

Styles for Less
Official Site
Facebook
Twitter

Confetti
Official Site
Facebook

Sinful Colors

Salon Perfect
Official Site
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Comikaze Con

Jessie Shops

Yandy
Official Site
Facebook
Blog

Leg Avenue
Official Site
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment