Monday, November 7, 2011

Smile! for [Nail Tutorial] Disney Princess: Week 5

What time is it? Princess nails time! (: This week our focus is going to be on Cinderella inspired nails!




















Step 1: Apply a base coat. If you don't own base coat, then use clear polish because it's better than nothing.

Step 2: Create fat lines of periwinkle/lavender on your nails, but not all the way. I used Essie's Lapiz of Luxury. This will be the base of Cinderella's dress. By leaving the tip of your nails unpainted, it will serve as the inside white, lace part of Cinderella's dress.

[Colorful Tip] Do not make the lavender very opaque. Try to use a sheer nail polish so that the dress design on your nail looks very layered.

Step 3: Use a pastel light blue to create a curved "V" from the bed of your nails. I used Revlon's Blue Lagoon.

Step 4: Create three straight dark blue lines from the middle of the light blue "V" to the edge of the lavender. I used Essie's Mezmerised.

Step 5: Use a dotting tool (I used a bobby pin) into a silver polish and dot, where the three lines meet in the middle of the "V" and two dots at the ends of the outer dark blue lines. I used Confetti's Silver Slippers. I know that Cinderella's glass slippers aren't silver, but I think silver is the next best thing considering, how the silver I used is so sparkly.

Step 6: Apply a top coat to your nails. If you don't own top coat, then use a clear polish. This seals all the nail polish in and keeps it lasting longer.

[Colorful Tip] For the rest of the nails, I would suggest you use either your pastel light blue or your lavender/periwinkle color. Personally, I used Essie's Lapiz of Luxury.

That about wraps it up for Cinderella inspired nails!

And here's designer doll Cinderella! (:


Isn't that such a fancy purse? Wow..haha! (:

Smile today!

No comments:

Post a Comment