Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Smile! for [Art Portfolio] Calla Lilies

So this is what I've been doing lately instead of posting things. Proof that I have truly been busy! ;A;

Each picture was taken after each sitting. This is my first big canvas painting.


Final:

Thoughts:
I'm very excited about the overall result and through this semester at school, I've incorporated some things that I've learned into the painting. I tried as much as I could to share color throughout the painting. An example is using the yellow and applying it into the places where it would add more depth into the flower on the left. I truly enjoyed the exercise of painting the calla lilies with non-white color, but still giving the overall effect of having the audience recognize that it is in fact a white flower.

Oil on Canvas (28''x36'')


Smile today!

No comments:

Post a Comment