Sunday, October 16, 2011

Smile! for [Nail Tutorial] Disney Princess: Week 2

It's week 2 of Disney Princess nails! Today's princess nails are based off of Snow White! (:



















Step 1: Apply a base coat. If you don't own base coat, then use clear polish because it's better than nothing.

Step 2: Apply a navy blue on 2/3 of your nail from the bed. I used Sation's Midnight Blue.

[Sidenote] I couldn't find Sation's main website, but I did find a cheap website for Sation nail polish that I will include in the Colorful Links section.

Step 3: Using a bright yellow, draw two diagonals painted from the rest of the 1/3 of your nail, and then color the rest in. I used Sally Hansen's Lightning. This is going to be the skirt part of Snow White's dress.

Step 4: Use a lavender or periwinkle to then draw two half ovals on the opposite ends of the navy blue. I used Essie's Lapiz of Luxury. This will be the puffy sleeves of Snow White's dress.

Step 5: Using a dotting tool (I used a bobby pin), draw two vertical red lines on each of the puffy sleeves.

Step 6: Using a dotting tool (I used a toothpick), carefully draw two triangles in the middle of where the yellow diagonals meet with the navy blue. I used Confetti's The Red Carpet. This is Snow White's red bow that she usually wears on her ebony hair.

Step 7: Apply a top coat to your nails. If you don't own top coat, then use a clear polish. This seals all the nail polish in and keeps it lasting longer.

[Colorful Tip] For the rest of my nails, I just applied my Sally Hansen's Lightning on them, so that only my thumb was the detailed nail. You can try other designs that are Snow White themed as well though! Maybe an apple on a yellow background for one of them? In any case, here's where you may use your creativity to make your nails fit for a princess!

Hope you enjoyed this nail tutorial! Be careful of those poisoned apples! Here is the designer's doll version of Snow White.


She reminds me of little red riding hood for some reason. Haha.

Smile today!



[Colorful Links]

Cheap Sation nail polishes

No comments:

Post a Comment