Sunday, October 16, 2011

Smile! for [Nail Tutorial] Penguin Nails

The other day was my little sister's birthday and to celebrate, we watched Happy Feet. It's such a cute and inspirational movie, as well as musically fun. This was the inspiration that started this nail tutorial.


Here are the steps that I used to achieve this nail art.

[Sidenote] I used Essie's Lapiz of Luxury for the penguin's body, but you can use other colors too. I, personally, would use pastel colors long as the body of the penguin doesn't clash with the orange beak, it's fine!

Step 1:
Apply a base coat. If you don't own base coat, then use clear polish because it's better than nothing.

Step 2: Apply the color that you want for the penguin's body. I used Essie's Lapiz of Luxury.

Step 3: Use white and use your nail as a guide to paint the penguin's white face/belly. You'll be slowly drawing half an oval on your nail. I used Confetti's White Knights.

Step 4: By using the dotting tool (I used a toothpick), use black to dot in the eyes. I used Confetti's Black Tie.

Step 5: By using a bigger dotting tool (I used a bobby pin), use orange to dot in the penguin's feet. I used Revlon's Peachy.

Step 6: By using the same dotting tool (bobby pin), use orange to carefully create a small horizontal oval in between the eyes. This will be the penguin's beak. I used Revlon's Peachy.

Step 7: Apply a top coat to your nails. If you don't own top coat, then use a clear polish. This seals all the nail polish in and keeps it lasting longer.

Then you're done! Ready to have your own little happy penguin on your nails. (:





















That's it for this tutorial!

Smile today!

No comments:

Post a Comment