Monday, October 10, 2011

Smile! for [Nail Tutorial] Disney Princess: Week 1

Hello everyone! How was your weekend? I absolutely LOVE Disney. (: The colors, the imagination and the extremely detail oriented designs are just so amazing.

Today I'm introducing that's been on my mind for a few weeks now. The idea came to be because a friend is determined to buy the Disney Princess Designer Doll collection. The collection was introduced at this year's Disney Expo in Anaheim, California, and I must admit, the designers did put a very modern fashion twist to the classic Disney princesses. Take a look for yourself!

(From left to right: Rapunzel from Tangled, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Snow White from Snow White, Pocahontas from Pocahontas, Jasmine from Aladdin, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Mulan from Mulan, Cinderella from Cinderella, Tiana from The Princess and the Frog)

Anyways, enough of the introduction..I did some designs for nail art based on these Disney princesses. (: Every week, I will introduce a new nail tutorial based off another princess and maybe even a few other Disney characters. This week I shall be introducing my nail art design version oooof.......



















Belle from Beauty and the Beast and here it is! Here are the steps that I used to achieve this nail art.



Step 1: Apply a base coat. If you don't own base coat, then use clear polish because it's better than nothing.

Step 2: Using a pastel yellow, draw three fat vertical lines. I used Revlon's Sunshine Sparkle. This is going to be the ruffly yellow dress on your nails and it should create a scalloped design.

Step 3: Using a more brighter yellow, draw three U-shapes across your nails. I used Sally Hansen's Lightning. This is going to be the brighter yellow ribbon that's near the bottom of Belle's dress.

Step 4: By using a dotting tool (I used a toothpick), dot three golden dots at the tip of where your U-shapes meet. I used Revlon's Gold Coin.

Step 5: Apply a top coat to your nails. If you don't own top coat, then use a clear polish. This seals all the nail polish in and keeps it lasting longer.

All done! (: This nail design would go nice with a Belle Halloween costume. Hope you find your prince, princesses! (;


If you're curious how the Belle designer doll looks, here it is!



She's rather poofy isn't she? Haha. (:

Coinky-dinkly, Jen from frmheadtotoe did a make up tutorial for Belle a few days ago. (: She's such an inspiration! I will add her information in the Colorful Links section below. Even though she got the costume for free, I tried my best to find the cheapest website that had the Belle costume for you all if you wish to be Belle this Halloween or maybe even for a convention. Hope it helps!

[Colorful Tip] Many of Yandy's costumes are under $30 on their website under the Clearance section. Go check it out and maybe you'll find the Halloween costume you'll wear this year. Happy browsing!

That's it for this tutorial!

Smile today!



[Colorful Links]
Jen from frmheadtotoe
YouTube Channel
Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Yandy
Official Website
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment